Tuesday 1 March 2011

Lighting

I went this Saturday to observe the lighting at Canary Wharf and at Liverpool street station.

Canary Wharf:
I discover the very good lighting at Canary Wharf. Walking up there was like walking in day light. They used white lighting post along all the paths and yellow lighting on the one jet fountain and on the trees.
Path very well lighted with those light post directing the white light toward the path.

Again we can observe a strong lighting. We can observe that the trees have an earthy tones to create a warm atmosphere.

I think the lighting is strong due not only to the fact that the lighting has power but also due to the fact that the leaves have fallen. We must not forget that this photo has been taken in winter.


Here we can see more distinctly the orange lighting on the trees.

Very decorative lighting.


Lighting orange on the one jet fountain (3 light spots)

Light on the square. It is used more as a decoration here.

Liverpool street station:
I was looking for the garden Jamie and Julia told us to have a look unfortunately I couldn't find it. But I walk around the station and I discover some interesting lighting.
Strong light coming from those big light post.

Lights are also been put on the wall for safety purposes. So people realised that this wall exists.

Lighting on handrail very good idea.


Lighting on paving.


Good way to recognize wall in the dark.

Lighting on paving allows us to identify where some obstacles are such as trees, wall, handrail, etc...



Since visiting Canary Wharf and Liverpool Street Station I have got a better idea of the lighting I should used. I will do more researches on lighting effect on plants when they are full of leaves (spring and summer effect) for next monday.

1 comment:

  1. thanks amelie, these are great- specially for those of us that dont have the time to get to london, you star x

    ReplyDelete