Wednesday 5 January 2011

Green Wall

For my masterplan project I want to have a green wall so I went looking at a few green wall to look at them more closely so I can have a better feeling of how they work and to see what sort of plants they are composed of.

So here is some photos of the Green wall at the O2 arena at North Greenwich:


Waterfeature is also part of the green wall. It was an icy day when I visit the site and the waterfeature was covered of ice.

The back of the green wall is composed of climbing plant (ivy).

Here is a closer look of  the green wall.
Another green wall I went to look at is at La Defence and was designed by Patrick Blanc:


Unfortunately I just realise I took photos of it with my sister camera so I will put more of it when she will send them to me. Sorry about it.

Here is the green wall at Westfield that I went to see today as I just came back from France:


Here we can see some plants are missing this is due to the fact that it is at a height where children can reach them and pull them away.

Uproot plants.

Hidden doors to provide access to the green wall inside it.

Other side of the green wall, residential side which is the sunny side.

Grasses and ivy are used in the sunny side.

Bulbs are used also in the green wall.

Lighting for the waterfeature.

Waterfeature

The edge is used as sitting

Lighting at the edge of the waterfeature, along the path.

1 comment:

  1. Have been enjoying your blog and detailed photos for a few weeks now..
    Perhaps you'd be interested in mine..
    http://thlandscapedesign.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete